Wednesday 14 May 2014

Painting Pots


We've been growing and planting lots of flowers and vegetables recently for our balcony and I always find it hard to find nice plant pots that aren't horribly expensive. We had lots of old pots lying around, however as terracotta truly offends me I had to paint them. 


 I used tester pots from my local paint shop, which were fairly cheap, and a huge bucket of white wall paint (always useful) as an undercoat. I also bought some gold spray paint which I think has changed my life. I am resisting the urge to spray EVERYTHING gold.





Our balcony looks much more colourful now and I'm planning lots more pots. I like having such a confined space to work on and have a sketchbook full of patterns...

5 comments:

  1. These look so bright and perfect for summer, might take note and get my hands on some gold spray paint too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you like them! Gold spray paint is SO wonderful, took me a while to get used to it but now I just want to spray paint everything!

      Delete
  2. Yay these are the loveliest. I'm so glad you've discovered gold spray paint, it was seriously joyful day when I discovered it.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm running out of things to spray gold now though... I am also embarking upon an Etsy store soon for all the things I've been making! x

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this idea, might have to steal it x

    ReplyDelete